Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When It Rains, It Pours

Tonight I met my friend Sara, who goes to Kent, for a run at Pine Lane at 5 o'clock. Sara's an awesome athlete. She's a duathlete/runner/cyclist/mountain biker... you name it.

It was cloudy and drizzling outside. I knew there was a chance for some storms tonight, but I hadn't checked the radar. A couple miles into our run, it started pouring, hard! There was some thunder followed by some flashes of lightening. It's been awhile since I've run in a big downpour, and it was fun! The trails were beyond muddy. It looked more like a river than a trail. We decided to turn around right before the big downhill to Boston Store.

On our way back, all the stream crossings were rushing with water. It was a great time and it didn't feel like we ran as far as we did.

1 comment: