Thursday, April 14, 2011

Miles and miles

Tonight I headed over to Boston Store to do a long run. I planned on doing at least 10 and up to 20 depending on how I felt. I started out to Snowville Rd to do the first 10 miles. The weather was great - pretty warm and blue sky. I had shorts and a t-shirt on which is awesome after a long winter. When I got back to my car at Boston, I felt pretty good and saw the time was a little after 6 o'clock. So I got something to drink and headed out towards Pine Lane.
About two miles into that out-and-back, I saw two familiar faces - Moose and Slim Jim! I ran with them for a little while then continued on trying to beat the sunset. It ended up that I had plenty of light still available when I finished...guess I'm still in winter mode!
The way back from Pine Lane to Boston was a little rough. I had not brought my camelback since it needed cleaning. My mouth was getting pretty dry and my legs and calfs were becoming pretty tired. I really had to pay attention not to trip over any roots. I finally made it back to my car and was glad to be done! Not sure if this was the smartest thing to do coming back from my injury, but it felt good. I plan on swimming the next few days and giving my legs some rest.

No comments: