Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Swimming

Tonight I swam 1.5 miles in the pool at the Kent Rec Center. This is the farthest I've ever gone and I was surprised how well I felt. The pool is 25 meters, so that's 96 lengths. After I got past the first half mile, I got in a groove. I definitely could have kept going, but decided that was good for tonight. Plus I was getting a little bored.

During the summer last year, I swam a few times at Munroe Falls Metropark. They have a nice lake with a long lap lane roped off. Season passes, which go from May to August, are only $25 for Summit County residents. The length of the lake makes it a lot better than doing flipturns every 25 meters. Although, it is definitely harder - small waves, can't push off a pool wall every lap, and harder to stay in a straight line since you can't see in front of you unless you lift your head out of the water.

No comments: