Friday, July 02, 2010

Pine Lane Night Run

Tonight I planned on meeting Shaun Pope at 8:15 at Pine Lane to run to Boston Store and back. When I got there, there was a green car with a BT50K sticker on the back that looked like his. I thought maybe he went out and did some extra before. So I waited about 15 minutes and still no Shaun. I decided to start running and maybe catch up to him if he had already left.

I ran a good pace out to the Boston Store. As I got closer to the turnaround, still no Shaun. I started running back and up the huge hill when I see Shaun running down with his dog. He got out of work late and I missed him at Pine Lane by 5 or 10 minutes!

So the three of us ran back, not walking any hills. By myself I would've been dead running all these hills, but tonight it felt easy. It was nice and cool out and we both had our headlamps on. He told me about his 100 mile race at Mohican and all the highs and lows you go through. I enjoyed listening to all the advice he had from his first 100 and mistakes he learned from.

No comments: