Monday, March 22, 2010

Back Running Again!

Last Saturday, I ran for the first time since I sprained my ankle exactly 3 weeks ago. I asked Dr. Shah on Vertical Runner's message board for advice. He told me the swelling can last for months, but that I could run before then as long as the pain didn't hinder my form and the pain was 3/10 or less. I drove out to Portage Lakes State Park and ran a mile out to the lake on the main road and a mile back. My calf muscle got tight throughout the run, probably from not running much, but the ankle felt surprisingly well!

So today I ran another 2 mile run doing a loop around the neighborhood across from my apartment. I ran a little faster than I probably should have, but the ankle felt good again. In the next day or so, I plan on stepping it up a bit to 4 miles and see how I do.

No comments: