Sunday, February 21, 2010

Towpath - 20 Miles


This morning I started my run at Boston Store at 7:30. The plan was to go 20 miles. I haven't been doing great marathon training and haven't done a long run more than 13 or 14 miles, so I figured today was the day since Boston is fast approaching.

There were a lot of people out today enjoying the warmer temperature. I started out north and ran to mile marker 14. I had to turn around since the Towpath was closed due to construction. So I headed back to Boston Store and repeated a mile on the way back. I then ran to mile marker 23 and back to Boston Store for 20 total.


I felt pretty good today considering this was my first real long run. I deliberately slowed down today since I always go too fast on long runs. Afterward, I enjoyed a nice juicy Blue Shroom burger and a beer at the Winking Lizard.