Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mill Creek Park


I drove to the Rose Garden in Mill Creek Park at 9:00 this morning to go for a run. My plan was to do a 7.75 inner YUT-C loop from the Rose Garden to the Covered Bridge by the Mill. I started clockwise around the loop.

Early in the run, I saw another runner ahead of me. He was running a decent pace and was running alot of the hills. I wanted to take it easy today so I felt no need to sprint up to him. I finally caught him at the beginning of the Monkey Hill extension. I knew he must have heard or run YUT-C before since he took the Stone Bridge Trail as well as the Monkey Trail.

Stone Bridge

He said his name was Brian Klase and he was from McDonald. I saw he had an Akron Marathon hat on from a few years ago. He told me he was coming back from a knee injury. The rest of the run went by fast as we ran together and talked up till the Lily Pond where he was parked. This morning's weather was spectacular with temps in the 40s, just warm enough to avoid hat and gloves.


No comments: