Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Portage Lakes State Park

Tonight I checked out the trails at Portage Lakes State Park. There are 9 total miles of trails inside the park including Planetwalk Trail (1 mi), Shoreline Trail (5 mi), Rabbit Hill Loop (1 mi) and Pheasant Run Loop (2 mi).


I parked at Big Oaks Picnic Area and started with a 3.25 mile out-and-back run on the Shoreline Trail. At the turnaround point, you get a very nice view of the lakes.


After getting back to my car, I ran on the Pheasant Run Loop and who knows where else. There are a bunch of trails that loop in and out of each other so I got a little lost. I planned on running 4 miles, but probably ended up doing closer to 4.5 or 5. The humidity made the run very difficult but I knew I needed to get out there for a run since I've been slacking off alot lately!!

No comments: