Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Solstice Night Run

Tonight Jim Harris planned a "night" run on the trails starting at Boston Store at 6:30. Since Sunday was the longest day of the year, tonight's sunset wouldn't be till past 9 so we would run our entire run in light.

When I got back to my apartment after work, I took a nap. I woke up at 6:15 and it takes me 20-25 minutes to get to the Cuyahoga Valley!! I hurried up, got my running clothes on and bolted out the door. On the way there, Brian called me and I told him that they could leave without me and I would catch up.

I got to Boston Store parking lot at 6:40 and started running within a matter of seconds. The plan was to do the Pine Lane loop first then go from there. I ran the entire first huge uphill and continued to keep a quick pace. I was forced to walk some of the hills though since I was huffing and puffing pretty good.

After about 3 miles in, I caught up to them at the stream crossing. There were 5 runners total: Jim and Heath Harris, TJ Hawk and a girl named Brenda.

Once we got back to our cars with 8 miles in the bag, we took a quick rest, refueled and then headed out to run the Brandywine Loop. Brian, TJ and I finished with 14 miles and Jim went back out for a little more.

I haven't been running much lately, but I felt great tonight despite the humidity. We kept a pretty quick pace the whole time and got some good hill work in.

No comments: