Thursday, May 07, 2009

Gypsy Dave and the Stumpjumpers


Tonight I went to the Gypsy Dave and the Stumpjumpers concert at the Kent Stage with Jamie. This was my first time seeing them and her 10th time!! They consist of three members: Gypsy Dave, vocals and guitar; Ryan Nageotte, backup vocals and bass guitar; and Lisa Joseph, violin. Their music can be described as contemporary folk.


Also joining Gypsy Dave were Tom Evanchuck, Ty Kellogg, and Jim Snively. We saw a bit of Jim and all of Tom. They were both pretty good. Tom had a Tom Petty/David Grey/Bob Dylan sound to his voice and music. He played the harmonica in some of his songs. Jamie and I got there a little before 8 and the show ended around 10:30. I had a good time! Even though I don't regularly listen to this type of music, it was pretty relaxing.

Below are some videos of Gypsy Dave and the Stumpjumpers.

"Dreamin' "



"Burn On"



"Resolve"



"Home"

No comments: