Sunday, March 01, 2009

Portage Hike & Bike Trail

I was pretty excited today to run on the Portage Hike & Bike Trail. I've seen signs around campus, but never actually found a long path. Yesterday as we were going to the hockey game, I saw a paved path off of Crain Ave. by Rt 43. The path goes all the way to Ravenna and the section from Ravenna to Warren will be completed in 2009. Sounds like a potential 50k from Kent to Warren.

Today I ran 6.5 miles in 44:06 (6:48/mile) and felt great. I ran from my apartment and caught the trail on Crain Ave and ran to a parking lot by an orchard (northwest of Brady Lake on the map). I can't wait to do a long run on this path and explore more of the area.

Below is a video about the Portage Park District.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to have this new section of Bike & Hike. It goes right in back of my development. If you haven't tried the Hike & Bike off of Hudson Rd in Franklin township it is really nice and goes all the way to Pennisula

Jeff said...

Cool, thanks for the info!