Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bedford Reservation

"You can't tell how far a frog will jump by looking at him."
-ancient saying


Tinker's Creek Gorge Scenic Overlook

I really wanted to run somewhere different today so I looked on a map of the Cuyahoga Valley and saw the Bedford Reservation(pics) in the Cleveland Metroparks to the north. It took about 35 minutes from Kent to get there.

I parked at the Egbert Picnic Area and ran southwest on the Bridle/Buckeye Trail. The views of the gorge and Tinker Creek down below were amazing. I got off track for a bit and followed a section down into the gorge. The steep walls were pretty cool. The stream drops 220 feet over a course of two miles!


I really wanted to go down this slide of ice!


I retraced my steps and followed the trail to the western-most edge of the park by Tinker's Creek Rd. near a park office. From there, I turned around and took the paved All Purpose Trail back to get back quicker.

Bridal Veil Falls Overlook


Frozen Falls



Today's run gave me a good hill workout since most of the Bridle Trail had pretty large rolling hills. I really enjoyed the falls and creek overlooks. That frog quote above was on a memorial rock at Bridal Falls and I really like it!

Summer & Winter (mouse-over)


Spring & Fall (mouse-over)


I ran for about 1.5 hours (alot of time wasted taking pictures and exploring). I measured the distance on the trail map and got around 8 miles which seems reasonable, but probably on the lower end. I always hate over-calculating for my running log! Below are a few more pics from the run.

No comments: