Sunday, December 21, 2008

6 Miles in 6 Degrees


Thug life meets trail life

This evening Jamie, Brian and I went for a run starting at Boston Store. The temperature was 6 degrees with wind chills from -15 to -20 degrees F!! I wore tights, shorts, a shirt and a long sleeve shirt. I also had a sweatshirt and sweatpants on top that I was going to leave in the car but decided to wear them after I stepped outside.

We headed out towards Pine Lane on the Buckeye Trail. We decided to cut the run to 6 miles instead of 8 and turned right down a road to Peninsula. We ran the last 2 miles on the Towpath back to Boston Store. The trees in the woods blocked the wind very well, but the Towpath next to the river was freezing!! Jamie and I both had bandanas on to keep our faces warm. I never really got cold the whole run except for a few times when we got strong gusts of wind. I had a great time out there knowing we were one of the few kooks running in this weather!

My bandana was frozen after the run

1 comment:

Kim said...

Good for you. Remember, if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger.