Friday, November 28, 2008

West Branch



Jamie and I parked at the boat docks at West Branch and went for a short 5 mile run tonight. We ran down Snowmobile Rd. and turned left onto the single track mountain bike trail along the lake. I like this trail because it gives alot of nice views of the lake and has alot of turns. After that, we hopped on an advanced mountain bike trail south of Snowmobile Rd. We ran on that until we got to the creek crossing and turned around. We got back to the car just as it was starting to get dark out.

Definitely a very scary moment was driving out of West Branch towards Rt. 5 when a deer crossed the road. This happened to me once before around the same area not too long ago and I had to slam on the brakes. This time, I was actually thinking we might see a deer as we left. I luckily saw it crossing, slammed on the brakes, then fishtailed and slid to the left, then to the right towards a ditch, and finally gained control as I jerked the wheel left again. Phew! That had my heart pounding the whole way home!

Below are some pics from the run.


Very nice maps that CAMBA put up along the trails.



No comments: