Friday, June 27, 2008

Humid Days


About a week ago I bought a Camelback Mini Mule at Dicks Sporting Goods. I used the $20 gift certificate that I won at the Vision For Veterans 5k as well as the 10% off coupon that they gave us at the race. So the $40 pack only cost me about $17. It holds 50 oz. which isn't huge but definetly good enough for 10-15 milers. Below is a picture of it.


So tonight I decided to test it out on a run. It was a perfect night to use it since it was hot and sticky out. I started at Happy Days Visitor Center and ran by the ledges to Kendall Lake. When I got to Kendall Lake, I did the two-mile No Frills, Just Hills loop. I wasn't sure if this was a good idea with the heat, but went for it. I hit the split button on my watch so I could see how fast I did the loop in. When I got to the top of the hill by the bathrooms, I smelled something horrible. I turned the corner and saw the septic tank was overflowing. Yuck! When I got back to the start of the loop, I was suprised to see I ran it in about 18:30. The Camelback was awesome and helped out alot when I got thirsty.


By the time I got back to the Happy Days parking lot, I felt like I just took a shower (not clean, just drenched in sweat!). I ran for an hour and was happy with the effort tonight.

No comments: