Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Headless Horseman?!

I went out to Hinkely Reservation again tonight and decided to turn left down the Bridle Trail this time and see where that went. It was a nice sunny day with pleasant temps. I haven't been running too much with work, but I'm hoping to get back into it.

As I was running down the trail, I heard "click clock" and turned around immediately. I saw a lady on a horse coming down the trail towards me. I was surprised by this, but then remembered this was a Bridle Trail made for horses not runners. When the lady came closer, I told her I thought the Headless Horseman was chasing me. She laughed and then warned me that two other riders would be coming down the trail on their horses in a bit.

I had planned on running to the Buzzard Roost, but couldn't find it. I guess I'll have to study the map more. I ended up running a good 5 miles and really picked it up towards the end.

No comments: