Monday, May 19, 2008

Sand Run Metro Park


I ventured out tonight to see what the trails were like at Sand Run Metro Park. I was going to bring my camera but forgot so I'll have to bring it next time for pics.

When I got there, there was a creek that was flowing right over the road. Cars were going right through it. It looked like this happened often because this section of the road was made of concrete with grooves in it.

I parked just off the trail. I decided to go left first and see where that took me. It went out about 2 miles. When I got back to my car, I went the other way which went out for about 1-1.5 miles. I saw a sign that said the total trail was 3 miles (6 miles out-and-back).

The trail was pretty hilly with rolling ups and downs. I ended up running a pretty hard effort and was beat when I finished. I did 6 miles in 41:47 (6:58/mile). I'll definetly have to make it back there b/c I only ran on one of the trails and there are a few others. None of them are more than 3 or 4 miles, but would be good to combine a few for a longer run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, that creek always crosses the road. in heavy weather they close off the road because of it.

did you run on the gravel jogging path? there are also several very good pure dirt trails on both sides of the road to explore...

Sand Run is one of my favorite trails locally...call me anytime to run Jeff! (just probably not at 7 minutes per mile for me)

Jeff said...

Yeah, I ran on the gravel trail...I parked in a small lot right by that creek and ran both ways on the trail out and back.

We'll definetly have to go on a run sometime, maybe next week? Email or post your number and I'll give you a call. I promise not to set any landspeed records on our run haha