Sunday, April 27, 2008

Crunch Time

That time in the semester is here again which I really dislike. We only have one more week of classes left, then finals week, then SUMMER!!

It was so nice outside that I couldn't pass up going for a run. I wasn't sure if I should or not since I've only had six days off since the marathon, but I was feeling pretty good. I ran all over Kent and even ran on a trail that I accidentally did a couple months ago with 15 inches of snow on the ground. This time I could see there was actually a stone path which made it easier to follow. It weaved in and around the woods, but ended abruptly in some places. By the end of the run, I was getting pretty sore and was glad to be done. I ended up doing about 6 miles. I went in the hot tub at the rec afterwards which felt really good!

It was nice to clear my mind running today. My grandma fell and broke the ball in her hip a couple days ago, so we were at the hospital anxiously awaiting and praying her surgery went well. That, on top of all the school work I've been having, has made for a very tiring few days. My grandma got through surgery well and is now recovering. We were all so relieved and happy for her. She has been through so much and is the most amazing person I know.

No comments: