Saturday, March 08, 2008

Blizzard of '08

Well, I was planning on fighting through the weather and getting my runs in this week, but today there was just too much snow! I went for a run yesterday when there was 5 or 6 inches of snow on the ground. I was curious as to what time I would run with these conditions, but was not worried about my pace. I knew it would be pretty slow. I started at the rec and did an out and back run. Some sidewalks were pretty hard to run on, but surprisingly I still kept a descent pace on plowed or shoveled sections. I went slower on purpose on tougher parts so I would not tire myself out too quickly. I was surprised when I finished the run and saw that I ran 8 miles in about 7:50 pace!

So today I was planning on running at the rec with someone but it had closed today due to the weather. And there was no way that I was going to venture out in the almost foot of snow we now had with 20 mph winds. Yesterday was tough enough. Below is a slideshow of some pics of the snow I took today.


No comments: