Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Third Eye Blind Concert



My sister Jamie and her friend Amber came up to Kent today and we saw the Third Eye Blind concert at the MAC Center. The weather was terrible with 6 inches of snow falling during the day along with freezing rain later at night. My brother was also going to come up but decided not to risk the icy roads. Jamie came up earlier to beat the freezing rain. I was pumped when I heard classes after 12:00 were cancelled!! So Jamie and me just hung out until the show at 8.

Lead singer Stephan Jenkins up close & personal

I thought the show was awesome! 3eb is a group from the 90s with famous hits such as "Semi-Charmed Life", "Graduate", "Jumper", and "How's It Going To Be." They probably aren't my favorite band of all time, but I do enjoy their music and it brings back good memories of the 90s. During the middle of the concert, they told the crowd to get out and vote and showed their support for Obama (which got the crowd really loud). They also said the concert was being recorded for their new live CD, but I had my doubts even though a microphone was hanging from the center court scoreboard. They had an awesome encore playing about 5 more songs. Below are some videos of the concert.

"Graduate"

"Jumper"

"Hows It Going To Be"

No comments: