Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap through the Snow

My plan for the week was to get 50 miles in. I still might be able to do that, but it's going to be tough with all the snow! The good thing is that this week has Leap Day in it, so I'll have 8 days this week to get 50 miles (right???). Anyways, I planned on doing 11 miles today, but once I got out there I realized it was going to be impossible. All the roads and sidewalks were covered in slush and snow. I found this little park that I never knew existed. There was a trail in it that I took that led to the Kent baseball fields. It was really slow going because there was probably 8 inches of mostly fresh snow up past my ankles. I ended the run in about 45 minutes and figured I must have gone about 9:00 pace (5 miles) with all the snow. Really tough workout today! I'm starting to realize that mileage isn't as important through these winter months as much as effort. I'll have to eventually get a longer run in, but these winter runs are definetly making me tough.

No comments: