Sunday, February 03, 2008

Around Lake Hodgson

Last Monday I ran to Lake Hodgson and then turned around. Well today I decided to run all the way around the lake and back to my dorm. I mapped it out online and calculated the total run to be 11 miles. So I headed out, a little reluctant this morning to go for a run.

I felt pretty sore from playing 5-on-5 basketball at the rec on Friday and then doing some fast incline stuff on the treadmill yesterday. It's amazing how sore I always get from playing basketball when I haven't played for awhile, all the stop and go and sprinting.

The views were pretty nice at some points around the lake where you could see across the whole thing. There were also a few nice homes up on hills overlooking the lake that would be nice to own.

On the way back, I saw a bunch of buses and a group of guys running by the fieldhouse/stadium. It looked like a high school track meet was going on. Then all of a sudden I see this dog sprinting at me. I was scared, one that he might bite me, and two that he might get hit by a car since I was on the other side of the road. He sprinted up this tall ditch and across the road. Luckily, I was standing there and waving my hands at some cars to stop or else they probably wouldn't have seen him. He ended up being friendly and just ran around on my side of the road for a bit. Then before I could do anything, he sprinted across the road again, causing some cars to slow down. I saw the owner yelling at the dog a little ways away across the road and then he waved his hand at me to say thanks.

When I got back, I was sure I didn't do 11 miles since my time was about 61 minutes. I looked back online and saw I had miscalculated it. It was only about 8.4! Oh well!! I was happy with the run today.

No comments: