Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Witch Hunt Run

Tonight my brother Brian, Bob, Stacy, his son Taylor and me went for a run at West Branch State Park on the one year anniversary when Brian and me heard the witch scream (Read about it here) As always, everyone was skeptical about what we heard being a witch, but it was unlike any other noise I've heard.

During the beginning of the run Taylor and me switched the front position leading the group through the expert trail. It is covered in rocks and many tricky spots to maneuver around. We stopped a couple of times and turned off our lights to look at the stars, which shone brightly in the dark woods away from any major city lights. We quickly noticed Mars since it was so bright and the only reddish-orange speck in the sky.

Towards the end of the run, we decided to go on the expert trail where we heard the scream. At that point, Bob decided to head back to his car. We went for a little ways then turned back, but heard nothing. We heard an owl hoot during the run which startled me a little, but sounded nothing like the noise we heard a year ago.

Later that night, I was sitting on the couch watching TV when, all of a sudden, a picture of my grandparents fell off a table. Then maybe 30 seconds later, a decorative Christmas angel, which was sitting by the TV, fell to the ground breaking a couple stems off a poinsettia plant below it. I thought this was pretty odd, but then, about a minute later, a decorative snowman we have fell over. Hmm....was this just a weird coincidence or had the witch followed me home?!

No comments: